Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Module 5

Please click on the photo to see a larger picture.
=



I am currently relatively new to this whole dynamic and DE environment. This quarter at Walden was my first exposure to a Blog page (in EDUC 8442) and my first exposure to a Wikipage (in EDUC 8441). It is also my first exposure to creating a video (for 8442's project) and a Power Point with voice (8441 project). So I believe I started this course on the static end of the continuum but have gradually worked my way a little bit up the scale.

I do believe the best way to learn and to continue heading east on this graphic organizer (toward the dynamic end) is by just doing it. In the 1980's, people took courses to learn word processing, database management, etc. But today with the rapid speed of technological developments, it seems the best way to learn is OJT (on the job training) or by just doing it.

References
McGreal, R., & Elliott, M. (2008). Technologies of Online Learning (E-learning). In T. Anderson (Ed.), The Theory and Practice of Online Learning (pp. 144-165). Edmonton, AB: Athabasca University Press.

Moller, L. (2008). Static and Dynamic Technologies. [Study notes]. Retrieved January 27, 2009 from http://sylvan.live.ecollege.com/ec/crs/default.learn?CourseID=3206859&Survey=1&47=5050260&ClientNodeID=984645&coursenav=1&bhcp=1

2 comments:

MS. Eder said...

Koh-

I like your graphic organizer a lot. It show that some of the technology is both static & dynamic. That is the truth. I only thought of that after I did mine. Great interpretation!

Koh said...

Thanks. Yes, I think there is definitely a continuum - not just black or white (static or dynamic).

Koh